The 5150 Triathlon Series team is working hard to solidify the 2014 race schedule, launch a brand new 5150 website, and finalize the registration process for qualifiers. Keep an eye out for an announcement and your championship qualifier instructions within the next two weeks! Again, congratulations, and we look forwarding to an exciting race season.
After several hours of conversations with 4 different agencies and race staff we have decided to postpone making a decision on the swim portion of the event until race morning. Every agency informs us that the wind conditions will be very high in the morning and most of tomorrow. Regardless of that information, we feel that we would like to give the conditions a few more hours to hopefully improve to the point where we may be able to host at least a sprint swim. Race management will be meeting with agencies at 6:00am to make our decision at or near that time. Thank you for your cooperation! Bill Burke
WEATHER Bike Check-in has been cancelled today from 11-6 due to sustained winds of 20-25 MPH with gusts up to 35 MPH. With the information we currently have from local and national weather service, we feel that the 5150 Galveston and the Lone Star Sprint events will take place on Sunday morning. The major concern we have at this time is high winds out of the north and east that could affect our swim course. Race Management will continue to monitor the situation throughout the day and we may have a decision on the status of our swim course by early evening (approximately 5PM). Updates will be sent by email and posted here on 5150Galveston.com, and to our facebook page. RACE MORNING PACKET PICKUP We are expecting a large amount of athletes at race morning packet pickup, so please be … Continue reading
Please note that on Sunday, race morning from 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. there will be athlete packet pickup ONLY. Athletes will not be allowed to change division or switch from one event to the other.